okay, so this community hasn't been updated since january but i figure i might as well give it a try.
i'll be a college freshman in the fall and i got accepted into the school of design and production for scene design. my name's leigh-ann. :) hello! anyway, i don't know if i'm going to ncsa for sure yet...it's between this and ithaca college. (and maybe savannah college of art and design.) so i have a few questions:
1. any study abroad offered at all? i was told there wasn't but i don't believe it.
2. um, what is the d&p school really like? am i always going to be working? (even on free days, like a sunday? you know, homework and all..) will i have any downtime?
3. how many shows are put on per semester?
4. do you feel trapped on campus? i got that feeling reading about it online.
5. are you disappointed that ncsa isn't a "college experience" school? does it suck?
6. if you've graduated and/or are going to graduate soon, do you feel like ncsa was worth it? have you been successful in your craft?
7. what's winston-salem like? i haven't visited yet...i probably should.
8. oh yeah, one more thing, is it true d&p kids get studio space in sophomore year? that's awesome!
it's such a good school but i don't know if it's going to be too intense. i like balance and i fear that it's too much of studying and designing and working and staying up late and stressing and worrying out of your mind and not enough fun or diversity.
thank you very much! i hope i hear from someone.
|comments: 2 comments or Leave a comment|